[AT] Test

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:17:13 PST 2015

Hi Charlie:
Here is a pretty simple explanation that shows that the situation is not
simple.
:-)
Round is subjective as far as the earth. I was recently reading about low
Indonesian islands that had a maximum elevation of maybe 4 to 6 feet that
are now underwater full time. Their island count is going down. On the
other hand in some parts of the world some mountain tops in the ocean are
said to be sticking up a little that didn't use to.
The ocean does not just lay there, most of it is moving all of the time
with very strong currents much like a big river. We have all seen flooded
roads where you could see that the water on the upstream side of the road
was maybe a foot higher than on the down stream side of the road.
I have 17 acres of river in the next county that as you look at it it looks
pretty flat but the water flows. I know from several land surveys that the
river actually drops over 10' in the length of my property (was a water
powered grist / sawmill site).

http://www.johnenglander.net/sea-level-rise-blog/sea-level-not-same-everywhere-300-foot-variation

--

Francis Robinson