[AT] Glow plugs

Mark Sargent bucksargent at embarqmail.com
Sat Dec 26 14:28:44 PST 2015

Cecil, Charlie, Dean, Greg--

Though I'm on the digest mode-   I nominate this thread to be one of the
best threads ATIS on this year.

It had it all- mechanical  fixes (you won't find in the text books) ---
anecdotes and -----war stories( defined as real world learning by scary
experience).

 I got little teary eyed about the ' gas rag' trick (we did this and other
un-Recommended stuff on Army vehicles in the 70's . It was amazing what  we
would try - when you

have no more options-the runaway Detroit Diesels also reminded me of some
scary stuff.)     The driving stuff was well written-  I can' hear' you guys
tell these stories-

  all good entertainment.     Doesn't quite replace the old guys story's
they would tell at the  gas stations when I grew up-but there are no
hangouts for old men any more--- even in the small towns.

And I qualify as old too!

Thank you for sharing- and your contributions to the list!

Mark