[AT] OFF Topic: 4 month Verizon WAR

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Mon Aug 31 05:19:31 PDT 2015

In our case, although we are in the same valley as Silicon Valley we are
not near any cable and are at least 7 miles away from DSL or other
similar services. Lots of people did buy Razolink service and
Dish/DirectTV internet service in our area, but the former does not work
in lots of locations and may be closed to new customers. What I did and
this option may be available in some places is to sign on to a local
wireless provider. He placed antennas for microwave class type
radiolinks on the mountain behind his place and repeaters in various
places. At home and the ranch the link by radio is fast. No cell or
other service out at the remote mountain valley though. Where we farm
there, the total population of the valley is now up to about 50 people!
That is nearly double what it was when i started there 10 years ago. All
four sides have mountains that cut off cell services from both
California's Central Valley and our Santa Clara Valley. We are the only
large patch of green on the Google aerial photos year round for 14-50
miles in every direction....
            Grant Brians - Hollister,California farmer of vegetables,
herbs, edible flowers, seed, nuts and fruit