[AT] Need help troubleshooting engine/compressor

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Aug 11 20:03:39 PDT 2015

Charlie:
I wondered about the timing belt. This compressor will sit for a month
or 3 then get used for many times as much as an hour at a time... It is
used to blow off hay balers, hay swathers, mowers, real dirty work. Have
not sandblasted in many years... I questioned a Ford friend of mine
about maybe the timing belt stuck to the toothed pulley while it sat and
when I started it,  it came off and would be out of time.. I assume the
easiest way would be to check the timing at the distributor. Trying to
get to the timing pulleys to view them is at least a 4 hour job....  I
would have to remove the radiator, the top  section of the enclosure,
and then the timing cover.   I used to do this in about 2 hours, now, it
is a day or two job...

Cecil in OKla