[Farmall] Farmall H Head Installation

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Apr 20 18:34:56 PDT 2015

I don't remember enough about Farmall tractors to know for sure, but I do know that often head studs have thick washers that serve as bearing surfaces for the nuts.

Is it possible that the other studs are the outliers, and these two studs with washers are "right"?   I know you said you don't see them in any parts lists but I've seen them and used them on a few engines.  In fact, head bolts often have a washer-like flange for the same reason.  It certainly helps, with the proper lube, to provide an even clamping force on all studs.

Just a thought....

Spencer