[Farmall] Farmall H Head Installation

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Mon Apr 20 03:59:03 PDT 2015

Pulled the head on my H to replace the head gasket, While I was removing
off the head, I notices that two of the studs had thick washers under the
nuts. These were heavy duty washers, about 1/8 thick (didn't measure
them). While I was cleaning off the head I found another thick washer that
would have been under one of the other nuts, only this one was thinner,
only about 3/32 thick.  Don't understand why these were there, unless
there is an issue with the threads on the studs and these are there to
keep the nuts above the bad threads (will have to check).  Anybody have
any idea why these would be there or if I need to put them back in? Don't
believe they show up or are called out in any manual or assembly
illustration.

Carl Szabelski

The Borg Are Wrong, Resistance Is Not Futile ..... It's Voltage / Current