[AT] Work boots

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sat Apr 18 08:40:48 PDT 2015

Spencer,

I tend to view things a bit different maybe because my use is different. I am not in the "muck" that much.
My favorite shoe is "Wolverine" steel toe slip on's. I normally have 3 pair - One a new "go to meeting" pair that is clean and not scratched that last like that for a year or year or more. Next, I take these when they are scratched up and no longer socially acceptable with my wife for "go to meeting" things, these become my everyday shoes for going to the shop, many work projects, etc. After that I have the 3 year old versions of these that I keep for welding projects, building projects where I scuff the toes, etc. Very comfortable shoes and work well for me.

For more serious "muck" projects, and working to clear my Oklahoma lot, I do have some real work boots. Typically I use the cheap WalMart or Academy low end boots which work fine and I leave them in the Cabin there just for that. I also have some other "oil field spec" 8" lace up boots to comply with various oilfield rules from some companies, but they are not as comfortable as the Wolverine's above so I only use them when required.

Thanks
Dennis

Sent from my iPad