[AT] Interesting AC-B

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 08:50:15 PDT 2015

You are nit pick'in

In a message dated 4/15/2015 9:54:11 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu writes:

I hate  to nit pick but I’m curious on what “frame off restoration” refers
to. Did he  roll it off the trailer frame before he painted it?

If I were going to  tear one down to what I consider “frame off” and
restore it, it would get all  new belts and hoses, wires, plugs and things of
that nature. I’d probably  paint it before installing those items.  ;-)

But again, that would  be for one I intended to keep. If I were buying it
to turn a buck on I’d  probably cut a few corners. While it might be worth
the $1K (not to me) I’d  hope he could show some receipts for parts if he’s
got the reserve set too  high.

Luckily mine are as Farmer would say……still in their work  clothes.  :-)
But hopefully one day they might look as pretty as  this B.

Brad

<charliehill at embarqmail.com>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-Allis-Chalmers-B-Hand-Crank-Awesome-condition-/261850154492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf77c45fc#viTabs_0