[AT] Noise Concerns

Gene Dotson gdotfly at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 08:15:51 PDT 2015

    Ralph, in the early 70's I put one on my 700. Had the same problem
hearing. This my start and love affair with head phones. Spent many night
time hours listening to that old AM radio. Not too loud and cancelled out
most of the tractor noise. This also carried over to my flying as they are
noisy too. Also better able to hear controller transmissions. ADF direction
finder also worked in the AM band and could listen to commercial broadcasts
on long cross country flights.

                    Gene

Reminds me of the fender mounted tractor radios that John Deere sold in
the sixties and seventies
before cabs were popular. To overcome the tractor noise you would need
to turn that radio up so
loud that it was probably doing more hearing damage than the tractor
exhaust itself. And yes,
people off in the distance could probably hear the radio as well or
better than the operator of
the tractor.  I never had one myself.

Ralph in Sask.