[AT] Noise Concerns

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Fri Apr 3 18:25:22 PDT 2015

Charlie:
I have the same type of noise.  24/7.
Cecil in oKla

On 4/3/2015 12:03 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Herb,  your message came to me as a weird attachment but I was able to
> open and read it.  I spent thousands of hours driving trucks with Detroits
> and
> they are loud.  I have no doubt that they also affected my hearing but the
> noise
> those turbos make is at the top or or above human hearing range and if that
> is
> what got me it did a number on me.   I hear a constant ringing that is so
> high
> pitched that I don't know what to compare it to.  It's up above crickets
> singing
> but it's like an electronic imitation of crickets at a higher frequency.
>
> Charlie

Cecil and Charlie,

Have had the high pitched ringing, called tinnitus, for about 25 yrs.  Luckily, in my mid teens, wrassling with a McCollough chain saw - with a poor joke for a muffler - got me into the earplug habit some (if not while on tractors), and the Air Force flight line strengthened this later.
Otherwise, my hearing would never have survived the motorcyle shop years. Even now, I would NEVER go country dancing or a band concert without them.

Mine bride got me into taking a supplement called Lipo Flavanoid Plus and it seems to help. She had been using lipoflavanoids for her ringing for about 10 years and had good luck with it.  If it is going to work for you, you should probably be able to tell the difference within
within a few days. What's really weird is that every once in a long while, my ringing completely disappears for a short time before returning. Darn, this minor ail seems a reminder for me to return to the splendid centuries old prayer for geezers:

http://priscillasfriends.org/inspirations/nunsprayer.html

Chuck Bealke