[AT] Tire slipping on rim

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 2 07:33:34 PDT 2015

On 4/2/2015 7:48 AM, Cecil R Bearden wrote:
> Just a note here to my own post:
> I called Firestone Agriculture div in Des Moines.  Amazing there was
> someone there, but I got to talk to  an old timer.  He said they had
> this problem years ago. and put 4ea. 6x6 in squares of an old tube
> between the tire and the rim to tighten up the tire.
>
> Just an FYI if you ever have a problem like this.  With the foreign
> tires, I don't doubt that this will happen again.
>
> Cecil in oKla
I have never heard of a tractor slipping on a rim unless it was
seriously under inflated.
I can remember the old 730 Case pulling so hard on the cultivator and
seeing the sidewalls
wrinkle up pretty good but don't ever recall a tire or tube problem with
it. Plenty of
fluid in those tires too. Of course it was just a 60 hp tractor on
18.4x30s.
I do like the idea of tubeless but have never tried it on the back
tires. If it works on cars
and pickups I don't see why it would not work on a tractor.
I recently changed my old 'bush car" 52 Merc over to tubeless tires and
it seems to hold
air just fine after I cleaned up the rusty rims.

Ralph in Sask.