[AT] NH TS110 engine noise.

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Sep 13 05:44:12 PDT 2014

One of the British Farming Forum members suggested that the problem was
the spring loaded clutch plate that drives the PTO and bolts onto the
Flywheel.  The noise first started out as a loud rapid ratcheting like
when you overload a notched slip clutch.  Thinking back, The TS110 was a
very popular tractor for boom mowers by ODOT & their contractors.   The
dealer stickers on this machine are from one of the major suppliers of
these tractors and mowers.  It would have a bunch of hours on the PTO at
all kinds of loads..  If I can get it out of the field today I may have
some time and labor to try to diagnose somewhat so I can start finding
parts.  I resurrected the old 7030 Allis yesterday.  Have to build steps
so I can get into the cab with my bum leg.   Also need to make door open
wider and get a smaller steering wheel so I an squeeze between wheel &
cab post.  Now that the Allis is working I might be able to pull the 7
shank Big OX but the duals are not on the tractor.  It also is setting
at the right wheel spacing to pull the Semi mount plow.  If I could plow
this and then roto-till the top 3 or 4 inches before sowing, it would be
great.    That 8 ft roto toller makes a great seedbed.   There is a
model on Ebay (where I bought mine) that has a seeder on the back.  I
really wish that mine had one.  I have a 8 ft pasture drill that could
be pulled behind this tiller, but it would leave wheel tracks.  The
tracks would probably be on the previous drilled seed and I don't know
if that might pack the ground too much.   It would be worth trying.   I
just wish I had bought a 12 ft tiller now.....  They are slow, but one
trip and you are done....