[AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 11:42:23 PDT 2014

Dan, yes, driving by I have seen the results and they look like "pulling up
sidewalk about a foot down".   That is probably why most subsoilers are
single beam.  Our ground has been pasture for past forty years, need to find
out more about before then.  Based on plow ridge deposits buildup near a
couple trees it was tilled for several years sometime before that.
On the farm decades ago we had a small patch (< acre) of hardpan (aka
gumbo), so I do have some understanding of Cecils situation.  Surprisingly,
approx 200' away was several acres raised area of all sand with a mudhole
near edge of this sand hill.   If ground conditions were just right one
could till the gumbo; one could plow through the sand mudhole even it water
was still standing.
Hefrb