[AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Sep 5 08:24:15 PDT 2014

Your 100 hp tractor should be able to pull two large sub-soiler shanks
or a chisel plow with about 8 shanks but as tight and dry as your land is it
might not.
If you have a tool bar and can find or make some it might be worth a try.
Either that or some smaller shanks similar to the ones on the front of a box
blade.
It's going to take some sort of chisel that will dig instead of trying to
ride up.
If you can get it in the ground and pull it fast enough it will shatter the
hard pan.

Charlie