[Farmall] Synthetic oil in old machines

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 1 18:28:54 PDT 2014

I have never tried it myself, but if it is on a new rebuild including
all new seals in the engine it should be ok.  However if the seals ,
main and crank bearings, cam bearings, etc. are getting old or worn, you
will have problems since the synthetic seems to be thinner.  That info
is form discussion on some of the antiaue tractro forums, not my experience.