[AT] Dielectric Grease

Joe Hazewinkel jahaze at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 10:09:19 PDT 2014

I was hoping it would help make the connection more solid.  I put a new plug on both the truck and trailer, but they still seem to have limited function, depending on how I wiggle the connection.  I thought the old ones were worn, so I went with all new, only to have the same problem.  I was hoping to grease them up to solve my problem.  Sounds like it won't hurt, but might not solve all my issues.

Enjoy, Joe

Sent via mobile device

On Oct 18, 2014, at 12:58 PM, David Rotigel <rotigel at me.com> wrote:

That depends on what you mean by "make [it] better". If the connection is working fine (and already clean) you will notice no difference--ON is ON! However, the dielectric will protect the contacts from corrosion, and thus (in the long run) keep the connection doing what it is designed to do.
   Dave