[AT] A commentary on how to win friends and influence people at tractor shows

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Thu Oct 9 06:22:38 PDT 2014

I've found that the vast majority of the time the way I treat people is usually the way I am treated by them. As a child, 70 some years ago My parents always taught me to act in a respectful way toward policeman. It was always "Sir" or "Officer" or Trooper"--never even "cop". Out of habit I still do so. That sort of habit also holds true when meeting even a good friend today. It's as likely to be "Good morning Sir" instead of "Hi Jim". Once or twice when some idiot objects to one of my tail-gate stickers I've even been known to ask them "And, Sir, what exactly bothers you about my sign?" That, said in a calm voice and a smile usually means that we either have a discussion and end up laughing with (or perhaps at--but all in good fun) each other. While it was my father (I think) who taught me respect for others, I guess it was my mother who reminded me OFTEN "people usually treat you the way you treat them. All not as true as when I was a kid, but none-the-less, still true!
	Dave