[AT] LED lights

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Fri Nov 14 06:40:20 PST 2014

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Absolutely correct.  Chinese products continue to infiltrate our market
> (for the record... did I mention this... we sell into the automotive
> aftermarket tools & equipment market).  We offer a few Chinese products,
> including something like the deck-of-cards you mentioned, because if we
> don't, our customers (who are tool distributors) will find someone who
> will... they've assured us in full-frontal, no uncertain terms:  If you
> don't offer the cheaper alternatives, we don't have interest in your
> premium products either.
>
> You raise an interesting point regarding the new aluminum F-150!  There's
> still plenty of steel in places where you need to turn wrenches, generally,
> but it certainly precludes magnetic locations underhood and inside front
> fenders for engine work.
>
> For people who have asked, I work for Central Tools Inc. and our website
> (not terribly well maintained but it's okay) is www.centraltools.com
>  Again, our strict focus is professional stuff.  Our US-made worklights are
> tougher than the stuff you find at Home Depot etc. but cost significantly
> more.  If there was something on our website that catches your eye, just
> Google "Central Tools" and the part number.  You should find online tool
> dealers such as toolsource, toolwarehouse, and even Amazon has some of our
> stuff.
>
> Please forgive this commercial digression, which is sort of frowned-upon
> here.  Just answering the question that was asked.
>
> SO

I have a few Central Tools items, including an Underhood light!

I had a strange idea for a light.
You have probably seen the common hat or strap style lights that you can
wear on your head. I have one for under car use BUT it isn't real useful
as it sticks up and hits things. The hat style have the same issue.

My idea was to take a few high output LED chips and attach them to a
vinyl or leather strap so you have 6-8 LEDs aiming in front of your
head. Elastic on the back would hold it and make it more universal fit.
Batteries could be something like a common rechargeable pack.

Something like those terrycloth headbands sports folks wear but with
lights in the front. Batteries could lock in on the side or rear.

--
Steve W.