[AT] OT truck tires/driveshaft? (Now Nitrogen In Tires)

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:39:30 PDT 2014

The problem with the Popular Mechanics article is that it omits the word
SLIGHTLY in many places.  The differences between pure nitrogen and 78/21
nitrogen/oxygen (that would be regular air) are very small.  Yes the oxygen
molecule is slightly smaller in dimension so it does permeate directly
through the rubber faster than nitrogen, but the rate of either nitrogen or
oxygen permeation is very, very small to begin with.  This is how snake oil
salesmen work.  They tell you something that isn't an outright lie, but
they neglect important details.

SO