[AT] Ford 3600

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu May 15 08:41:47 PDT 2014

Cecil,  I have a D-14 Allis that had terrible wear in the casting where the
axle pivot
pin rode.   I have a friend that is a machinist.  I got him to drill that
casting out large
enough to remove all of the egg shape.  Then he inserted an Oilite bronze
bushing
for the pivot pin to ride in.  I also got him to drill a small hole all the
way through
the iron casting to the front side and counter bore the hole so that there
was a flat on
the front of the curved casting.  In that counter bore we installed a grease
fitting into the
small hole.  Problem solved.  Allis Chalmers should have done that to begin
with.  Of course
I guess they didn't expect their tractors to last 60 years.

Charlie