[AT] Ford 3600

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu May 15 05:40:15 PDT 2014

The 3600 is a good tractor, a little light for my use, so I don't have
anything smaller here than a 5000.  I had a neighbor who had one for 10
years and used it ( no loader) on his horse farm and then sold it for
$4000...    He bought a TN45 New Holland to replace it and really did
not upgrade.  He just got a loader included...........

The front axle would be my concern.  Check the pivot bushing on the
axle.  The rear bushing especially.    The fords had some wear problems
and the Masseys had a lot of wear problems on the front bushings.    I
have welded steel sections in the front castings to repair the wear from
the axle pivot.

Cecil in OKla