[AT] OT truck tires/driveshaft?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun May 11 17:25:59 PDT 2014

Was so sure it was/is a tire issue we only did a slight check on the
driveshaft yesterday. The truck does not have a 2 speed rear. Haven't tried
greasing it to see if it helps, it shouldn't be dry no more than the truck
is driven considering how often I grease it. Still doesn't mean something
isn't trying to lock up, worth greasing to see if it helps.
The center driveshaft hangar was replaced a 4 or 5 years ago, not many miles
on it and it still looked good yesterday. I did notice a little slop on the
driveshaft spline, I would think a little is acceptable on a machine of this
age?
Haven't tried pushing the clutch in once the vibration starts.
I tried a pry bar under the tires on one side while it was jacked up, didn't
notice any slop. I will say things are a tad noisy when you jack one side of
the truck up and put it in gear. Sounds loudest around back, normal? Didn't
really give it any gas when we were checking. You don't hear any strange
noise in the cab while on the road, then again it's not very quiet in there
to start with.

John