[AT] Brake controllers

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon May 5 11:44:11 PDT 2014

First off, I know very little about trailer brakes. I will, however tell
about my brothers trailer for what its worth. He had trouble for over a
year; sometimes the brakes worked, sometimes not. The lights and
everything else worked. When he hooked up he would try them. If they
didn't work he,d spray contact cleaner in the plug, mess with the
controller and jerk the trailer back and forth until they seemed to
work. One day after 2 hours of trying,  he decided to check everything.
At some point he crawled under the truck and found a plug he never knew
was there. The plug he plugged the trailer into was connected to that
plug behind the bumper. He pulled the plug apart and found 2 out of the
6 or so connections were green. He cleaned it all up and put some kind
of electrical anti-corrosion paste on the connections and has had no
problems since; been over 5 years. The trick is how to find if it is
wiring or the controller. Sorry, but that info will have to come from
somebody smarter than me.
            Greg Hass