[AT] Brake controllers

Joe Hazewinkel jahaze at aol.com
Mon May 5 10:47:36 PDT 2014

OK,

I know we have discussed this at points in the past, I just don't remember all the details, so I'm bringing it up again.  I think my brake controller has gone bad.  It just won't engage the trailer brakes at all.  I thought it might be on the trailer side, but my neighbor borrowed my trailer, and the brakes worked fine for him.

My trailer is a 20-ft gooseneck trailer, with dual tandem Dexter axles under it.  Both axles have brakes.  I pull it with an 1997 F-250 diesel.

Any recommendations on a decent brake controller?  The one I have now is a Valley brand, and it worked good for the past ten years or so.  I looked at the local auto supply place and they had three different models covering a wide range of prices.  I just want something that works.  Can you share your wisdom with me please?

Enjoy, Joe

Sent via mobile device