[Farmall] Gas in crankcase

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 28 18:47:31 PDT 2014

Got no idea on the compression test, I'm guessing 75-115lbs? You should be
able to search on the net and find it. I have never really heard of this
happening, just guessing it is possible since the carb can't flood and do
it. Is it possible the carb was flooding with the tractor under the shed,
the gas vapors managed to rise up the intake and settle/condensate inside
the head or the open cylinder? I really can't recall this happening on an
engine with updraft carb unless it had a fuel pump that had ruptured. Do you
leave the fuel supply turned on with the tractor stored? If not, then it had
to happen while it is running--worn engine/too much fuel.

John Hall