[AT] OT - Windows XP

Howard Weeks weeksh at att.net
Thu Mar 20 14:19:09 PDT 2014

It is more hype than substance!  You should always keep a good virus
software package installed and updated.

I run several machines with XP and I have never allowed MS to update
anything on them since since new.  Never had a problem either!  I trust
MS less than the virus guys.

If the virus software producers drop support for XP, that would be a
bigger problem. By the time that happens, the hacks will have moved on
to whatever the MS followers are running.

I will still be running XP in parallel with Linux.

Howard in GA