[Ford-ferguson] The David Brown Tractor Story

Jack Tractor jacktractor at live.com
Thu Jun 19 07:49:12 PDT 2014

I recently acquired a copy of The David Brown Tractor Story Part One 1936 - 1948. I bought the book online. It says it was printed
in Hong Kong.

David Brown built the Ferguson Type A as they call it. This book mentions many problems with the tractor. One problem was the use of
aluminum castings. The next iteration was the Ferguson-Brown with Brown largely in control. David Brown went on its own after
Ferguson made the handshake agreement with Ford although they had secretly started a new design before then.

The reality then is that Ferguson put both David Brown and Ford into the 3 point hitch tractor making business.  I was really
interested in How David Brown got around the Ferguson hydraulic patents.

This book has a whole lot of good pictures and commentary about Ferguson.

http://www.amazon.com/The-David-Brown-Tractor-Story/dp/1903366399