[AT] Fwd: [Farmall] Mike Sloane

Jim Thomson macowboy at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 06:06:55 PDT 2014

I have known Mike since the Forsyth county day of the ATIS list. Mike was my
consigliere (counselor) on anything from tractor repairs, career choices,
politics, and general life. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike several times
at his home in rural NJ where I was in awe of his "fleet" of tractors. Mike
was always very generous and helpful with tractor repair advice. In the 20
or so years I have known Mike, I had come to highly value his advice and
opinions. In one his last emails to me he told me that life was too short
and live every day like it is your last. I took his advice to heart and made
several lifestyle changes. Mike made a very positive contribution to the
ATIS list and a positive impact on me.

BTW, I have one of Mike's old tractors, a 1947 Farmall AV that I am
currently restoring. I have to get my butt in gear and finish this up for
Mike!

Jim Thomson

6 Nicole Way

Rehoboth, MA 02769