[AT] here I go again

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 30 03:37:06 PDT 2014

Super A's are fine looking machines when brought back to their
original appearance.  I'm very fond of them.  Most tobacco farmers
in our area had a Super A and something like a N series Ford or
a Massey Ferguson 30 or 35.  When I was a small boy my dad ran
a service station to try to pay for the family farm when he bought it
from my uncle who bought it from the rest of the siblings when
granddaddy died.  We had tenant farmers and they had a mule and
an early AC B.  Daddy sold the station when I was 9 in 1959 and bought
a D-10 Allis to take over our farm.  I was old enough to help with the
serious work by then and we would have expanded and bought some
bigger equipment sooner or later but he died in the winter of 66.

Charlie