[AT] here I go again

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 29 19:33:45 PDT 2014

Couldn't be a straight A. He's got hydraulics. I'm pretty certain the block
would have been different to accommodate the hydraulic pump. Likewise the
bell housing would have been different since that’s where the
resevoir/rockshaft mounted. I'm thinking it has the wrong shaft, hopefully
the casting was the same.  I don't think too many parts interchanged between
the Super and straight A's. There were probably a few improvements, things
made heavier. I'm trying to think of any straight A's I remember in the area
and only one comes to mind. I imagine a lot of them were scrapped out fairly
quickly in favor of something with hydraulics.

John