[AT] was Mike Sloane--now Farmall AV

Jim Thomson macowboy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 07:33:07 PDT 2014

The AV I have that I am working on was once Mike Sloane's for a shot period.
It was sold to Wayne Smith who I bought it from. I remember they day that
Cecil and Mike went to pick this up. The story behind this tractor was that
it was last used to pull a flail mower. I think Mike bought if from the
original owner. The original owner forgot to cover the exhaust and water got
into engine. This was a running tractor until the water got in. Wayne Smith
bought it from Mike and then I bought it from Wayne last September.  I am
attaching a link with my photos so far of the tractor. Here is what I found
so far: two cylinders were cracked and the upper gear shaft had it locking
lugs sheared clean off. The head/valves were in decent shape and was
recently rebuilt. Overall the tractor is in decent shape but needs work.

Here is a link to the pictures of the tractor and work so far:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59694758/Tractor%20pictures.zip

My question for the day is who is the preferred supplier for getting a
engine rebuild kit for the AV? I'll need all the gaskets, liners pistons and
rings. Thanks.

Jim Thomson

Rehoboth, MA 02769