[AT] Farmall Cub Radiator core

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Jul 19 10:09:41 PDT 2014

Having just gone through this with my  Ford 801, I can tell you a couple of things that were true with my radiator:

1- There were two lines of radiators:   Hundreds of dollars (like $450+) and $200.  I suspect the high prices one were American and better made but I never saw one so maybe not???
2-Regardless of who sold it it the $200 ultimately came from China.  Some of them were very good at hiding that.
3 - I bought the $200 one
4 - The fit was not perfect.  The mounting holes were good but the angle of the lower elbow was wrong and that necessitated me filing about 1/16" off my fan blades.

The $200 had steel tanks, cast iron elbows and otherwise seemed to be reasonably made.

Other than the fit issue, one year later it's still doing good and I use that tractor regularly.

Just some data points,

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone