[AT] Growing Corn

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:35:31 PDT 2014

Well my Jack Russell and the mix breed lab take great pleasure in squirrel.
Just last week the lab caught one in a wide open yard full of trees that the
squirrel could easily get to but Bailey was too quick for at least one of
them.
I didn't have to worry about feeding her that night.  If they stay in the
trees they
are safe but if they make a mistake and hit the ground it's on like Donkey
Kong.
The problem is I can't leave the Jack outside because he wonders around
about
a 1 mile radius and the lab follows him.  He being a terrier will start some
trouble
and she will finish it.  When the neighbors started comparing notes one of
them
came to see me to warn me that my pair had been tied to the death of 6
chickens and
two cats and some fair injury to a couple of dogs.  I don't know if it's
true or not
but I don't doubt it.  Neither one of them have ever come home injured from
a fight
but the lab came in with fresh blood on the side of her face not long ago.

Now I keep the Jack inside most of the time and carry him out in the country
away from
anything domestic to let him run.  As long as the Jack and I are inside the
house the
lab will lay in the yard.  I wish I had enough extra cash for about 1000' of
chain link
but I don't and the Jack would dig out anyway.

Charlie