[AT] Growing Corn

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Jul 12 08:26:38 PDT 2014

If you can figure out anything a squirrel can't climb over, around or through - let me know.    This cold winter must have been hard on them as the numbers seem to be down.   By this time of the year the apples are usually long gone but I still have a few.  However I would not doubt the last few survivors are stealing my last few apples as I type.   But they manage to eat all my tomatoes .

I had a neighbor fence his dog in with the apples.    The squirrels could jump to the tree from the fence but could not jump from the tree to the fence with apple in their mouth.   So the little criminals contented themselves with eating the apples al  fresco in the tree and then jump to the fence.  The neighbor swore he saw one piss on the dog.

My neighbor and I now just buy our apples.....

Good luck....

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone