[AT] 6V and 12V batteries

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Jul 6 11:22:00 PDT 2014

Dean,
     Having grown up on 2 cylinder Deere tractors I naturally gravitate
to them.  I currently own 4 running and one parts tractor and only have
1.5 acres for them to share with a 4020 and an IH 1566.  I found out
years ago that you are much better off to pay a premium for a good piece
of equipment than try to make do with a cheaper not so good unit.  You
did quite well to purchase that 620. Based on your purchase of the Super
M a few years back, I know you know quality when you see it.
     I have only used one 620 so far in my 70 years and that was in 1958
when a neighbor friend was wanting to move to Albuquerque and start me
farming his place with his equipment and new tractor.  I helped him for
awhile and then turned down the offer based on the very faulty advice
from my dad.  That is another story.  I thought the 620 was an
exceptional tractor back then and I still think so today.  I would have
one if I could find one like yours I could afford.  As it is I have a 60
that I use quite a bit and that is probably as close as I will get.  I
helped a local fellow a little bit with mostly advice on his 620 that is
practically a twin to yours with the exception of the paint.  HIs is
original and looks it.  Deere didn't put much paint on them and over the
years it sort of disappears especially if the tractor is not constantly
shedded.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA