[AT] 6V and 12V batteries

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Jul 6 10:28:22 PDT 2014

And Ron Cook wrote:

> No changes necessary.  You are 12V positive ground now

Well, duh, don't I feel like a mechanical genius...  I even knew
specifically that it was 12 volt since I'd double-checked that the
series-vs-parallel wiring on the batteries was correct.   Just didn't
penetrate the correct part of my brain, I guess.

> I seriously doubt any Deere built today will run like that nice 620 almost
60 years from now.

Likewise, Ron.   The gentleman I bought it from wasn't giving it away but I
was happy to pay a good price for it since I needed a tractor with 3-point
and live pto, and couldn't imagine finding something more durable for the
money.   Plus it sure feels and sounds nice to use this classic old tractor.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio