[AT] Fwd: Re: flooding in Saskatchewan and Manitoba

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 6 06:04:06 PDT 2014

On 7/6/2014 12:50 AM, Ron Cook wrote:
> Yep.  I noticed those loose bolts on the interconnect cable ends right
> off.  The cables are in good condition.  Near new and are in series with
> positive ground.  However, Dean had brought the tractor home, so they
> were obviously making connection at the time.  Not a big deal at all.
> Normal, as a matter of fact.  Heck, most have just installed a 12V
> battery and stopped using the two sixes.  I have. That keeps most my
> batteries the same.   Just keep the correct police out from under the
> seat cushion.  I even got fed up with the 6V system on my '46 A and
> converted it to 12V about 20 years ago. Now I can start it without
> getting off and opening the petcocks.:-)
>
> Ron Cook
I have done the same with the JD AR. For the few times I start it a year
it does not make sense to leave to dedicated six volt batteries in it
all the time. I just borrow a 12 out of one of the other trucks, grain
auger , or anything that has an easily removable battery. And chances
are I won't even tighten the cable bolts. Just brush clean and push them
down good and tight by hand so they are easy to pull off when I take the
battery out. I sure appreciate those batteries with the built in
carrying handle for that situation as there is no room to get my hands
down beside the battery to lift it.

Ralph in Sask.