[AT] Fwd: Re: flooding in Saskatchewan and Manitoba

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Jul 6 09:33:12 PDT 2014

Ralph
     Exactly the same here.  Not only battery operations, but excess
water, too.  I had to hook up the second sump pump as sort of a "fail
safe" back-up.  The water was coming into the basement sump at the rate
of about 18 gallons a minute at the high point.  I hooked my Deere 40U
to the standby generator in case the power went off. When away from
home, I call home with my cell phone.  If the answering machine does not
pick up, I know the power is off and home I go.
     I do not do any farming other than my gardening.  I do haul grain,
however.  Getting in and out of many farm storage sites has been
impossible.  Some corn grain bins have been in a little water. That is
not good.  There will be some quality issues.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA