[AT] JD 620

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 2 19:23:03 PDT 2014

On 7/2/2014 3:54 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Heat Howsers are not something we know much about down
> this way.  I was imagining that it might be to protect corn
> shucks from a mounted picker from catching fire.  Sounds like
> the collective JD wisdom of the list has it figured out!
>
> Charlie
The heat houser was a popular item here in the fifties, sixties, even
later. My dad had one on the Cockshutt 50 for winter use and sometimes
right through spring seeding. I know we had days this spring when I said
to myself I would hate to be sitting on an open tractor for hours. I
still have a couple of them. One for the 40 and one for the 50 but I
have not installed them in a few years.

Ralph in Sask.