[AT] Just Like……..

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Fri Jan 10 21:20:52 PST 2014

Last year at Zolfo I was cutting a 29" popular log in about 12 minutes John. I then read a lot and learned a lot about sharpening saw blades over the next few months. (http://www.bchw.org/Tech%20tips/FilerDVD.htm is the BEST thing I've come across!) By the time Apple 'n Arts rolled around in October I was cutting a 24" popular log in about 4 minutes.  The fellow that intruduced me to drag saws, years ago, once told me "Don't ever sharpen the blade real good. Everytime it goes through the log you have to move the damn saw!" (He was, if course, talking about cutting rounds at a show, NOT for production.)
	Dave
PS, There is a video of the Log saw at Zolfo last year at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0jGsc_eM7I
PPS, Here is a video at Cotton Ginning 2008. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7aFdcfBODA We had 8 log saws there last year.