[AT] Winter storm and cold

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 6 16:17:44 PST 2014

On 1/6/2014 4:59 PM, Mike wrote:
> We are into our second day of this storm, 18" of snow, and now extreme
> cold (0 degrees and -20 windchill right now). The drifting is
> ridiculous, and the cold goes right through you. I'm not sure how Ralph
> does it with the kind of cold he sees, although I do suppose you get
> used to it.
I think we do get used to the weather Mike. I have had nearly sixty
winters to live through so I guess if I'm not used to it by now, I never
will be.
I even put in a little time in the work shop this morning  . Finally got
the injectors pulled from the head of the Super 90 Perkins diesel. It
only took about ten minutes which was good because the temp in the shop
was -15F. The coldest I had ever seen in there. Still 20 degrees better
than outside.
This evening felt positively comfortable out there when the wind
dropped. Came in at 6:00 to see the thermometer at -20F and could hardly
believe it. Its the wind.

Ralph in Sask.