[AT] Snow

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 13 20:38:27 PST 2014

On 2/13/2014 9:44 PM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Ralph, this is one of the weirdest snowfalls I can remember. When it fell,
> the roads got real slick, really quick. It took me 3hrs to get home
> (normally 15 minutes).  A couple guys I work with took 5 hours to get home.
> Aside from storms resulting in power outages, this is only the 3rd time I
> remember my employer closing in 23 years--one of those occasions we had 21"
> of snow and that is enough to stop everything here other than hospitals and
> the DOT. My Kawasaki Mule had a terrible time going through this stuff as it
> sleeted on top of the snow overnight. It kept breaking through the ice so it
> was literally spinning on loose ice all the time. The kids 4 wheeler seemed
> to go pretty good, but it looked like a roto-tiller everywhere he went so I
> had him to park it. I took one of the tractors and packed down a hill so we
> could get in some sledding. In typical North Carolina fashion the temps will
> make it to the mid 40's tomorrow, that should clear the roads. And then it
> will be in the 70's next week.
>
> John Hall
That is not too bad as long as the power does not go off. And after a
mild day or so you will be rid of the snow and ice.
Forgot to add that I have a new video on youtube showing some of the
vintage tractor pulls in 1988. Nice to look back
on some sunshine and hot weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7KxLMeP-w&feature=youtu.be

And some harvest video from the same year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=305Sv-hTkfI&feature=youtu.be

Ralph in Sask.