[AT] Merry Christmas - Now mud removal video

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Wed Dec 31 12:54:31 PST 2014

> Wow Richard, I skipped right over that one, thanks for the video, what
> a mess! You guys look like you have it down to a science, has this
> happened before?

Mike, up until the fire burned the hillsides in April, 2013, everything
around was in natural equilibrium, with native trees, brush, weeds, and
grasses holding the soil down.  My neighbor's house was built in the
'40's at the mouth of the canyon and except for one major mud event in
1980 when a fallen tree lodged across the canyon, mud and debris backed
up behind, and then everything let go all at once, there have been
absolutely no problems.

Now it's a whole new ballgame.  Five rainfalls since March  - five
resultant mudflows.  Yes, us old guys can dig out in our sleep now, but
it's getting old REAL fast!

- Richard

Richard and Judy Walker
Monrovia, California