[AT] McCormick plow

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 19 18:25:04 PDT 2014

When you think about it those should wear out in the same number of seat
hours as a 4 bottom (assuming ground speed is the same). We would weld
patches on the moldboard of the 2 IH 450 plows we had. One of the parts bins
in the shop had plenty of high dollar rebuild parts, moldboards, points,
landslides, shins, bolts, springs and shock towers. We always replaced with
genuine IH parts. We've still got a few new "frogs" left--I think that’s
what you called the part that everything else bolted to. I never heard of
anyone building up points.

We are in red clay so we got pretty good wear compared to the guys on the
other side of the county running in sand. The auto reset was a big help with
all the rocks we had.

John Hall