[AT] jd 70 diesel tractor

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:41:33 PDT 2014

In the winter of 1958 / 1959, I used a JD 70D on a daily basis to spread
manure.  It was the only tractor on the farm that would start no matter how
cold it was and also the only one to have a comfort cover.  That 70 was
perhaps the wheatland model as it was low and had the under slung exhaust
system.  Under load it would give a little black smoke out the back from
the exhaust.  I really liked to watch that as it blew the most perfect
smoke rings about a foot in diameter.

Simple things amuse simple people.  Lucky I never climbed a tree with it
while looking down behind the tractor.

Charlie V.