[AT] narrow vs. wide front tractors

Dan Glass dglass at numail.org
Fri Apr 4 15:38:31 PDT 2014

In regard to safety, more people are killed on wide front tractors than
narrow fronts.  I think there are two reasons.  One is there are more
wide front tractors still around and most tractor rollovers are flips
and doesn't matter if they are wide or narrow.   Often it is from
pulling something heavy when the chain is hooked to the center link
above the axle.  Many wide front tractors are lower to the ground making
this problem worst. In my area there have been three lethal tractor
flips in the last few years and I think they were all on 8N's.