[AT] narrow vs. wide front tractors

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 20:03:07 PDT 2014

I'm no farmer but one guess is that a narrow front tractor is better for
using some mounted equipment like cultivators or corn pickers.  The low
front axle would make it harder to cultivate anything very tall and the corn
picker would be out of the question because the axle would knock  the corn
down.  Plowing is much easier with a wide front because the front wheel can
be run in the furrow as a guide to keep the tractor straight down the row.

Brian