[AT] OT Sowing wheat and Aircraft Tires for trailer

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Sep 14 21:40:48 PDT 2013

I started to sow my wheat field today. However, when I went to get seed
with my grain cart, I checked the 16 ply Gensco tires before leaving and
they were well inflated. These are Gensco aircraft tires that I ordered
as a complete assembly with tire, wheel, and Gensco stop leak.  However,
of the 8 tires and wheels w/ stop leak I have ordered over the past 3
years, I have found 4 to not have stop leak installed.  The moment I
found this our has never been at an opportune time.  This time it cost
me 2 hours and a request for help from my wife!  She had to wait with
the truck and grain cart while I went back home,  and found one of the
old wheels and tires that was cracked, weathered, and looked like it
would not make 300 ft.but still holding air. It made the 5 miles back
home with no problem.  I could have chewed nails to relax when this
happened!!!!

If you order tires from Gensco, don't bother with the stop leak, just
add your own at home.  It seems that Mediocrity is the norm for business
these days.

Aircraft tires are vented at the bead.  I was told by a friend who had
used a lot of aircraft tires that you had to use tubes or stop leak or
they would leak down.   I attached a couple of shots of the loaded
trailer it had 67 bushels of wheat on board.

A couple of shots of the trailer and flat are at:
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.bearden/posts/10200958092978140