[AT] Drill bits

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Oct 14 05:50:31 PDT 2013

I use a drill doctor and like it.  I have mixed success free-handing.   When I free-hand they are sharper than before, but not like new.   With the drill doctor they are like new.    I will be the first to admit that I am a bad hand sharpener and others(maybe you also) might get great results free handing.

Size is a problem with the drill doctor.  Each model sharpens certain sizes.  So the occasional large bit still has to be sharpened by hand unless you get the top-of-line model or an optional chuck.    In addition, wood boring spade bits cannot be done by any model except one.  And that model cannot do large twist bits I fi remember right.  I am sure they have a web site that can help you choose though.

Hope this helps,

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone