[AT] Drill bits

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Oct 14 05:28:36 PDT 2013

A few years ago I bought a Drill Doctor on Ebay.    When it arrived, I
spent nearly a day trying it out. And trying to get  a bit sharpened
that would cut.  A few days later I sold it on Ebay.  This was one time
I made a profit on Ebay....!!  A machinist friend of mine had made a
drill sharpener out of a small cheap drill bit sharpener you get from
Ace hardware or Sears & Roebuck years ago.  He modified how it fastened
to the grinder and sharpened all his bit.   I never got around to making
one of them, as I was at a machine shop sale and bought a Sioux drill
bit sharpener factory made unit.  It sharpens anything from 1/8 to 1 1/2in.
I would not waste the money on the Drill Doctor.  I bought a set of USA
made bits at a farm show from a place called USA Bit Sales.  They have a
lifetime warranty for sharpening and replacement if you break them.   I
think the 29 piece set was $125 with a very good plastic round case with
a screw top.  The case was the reason I bought it, and it was one of
the  best investments I have made.

Cecil in OKla